45 Famous Abraham Lincoln Quotes about success for you to remember.


Abraham Lincoln is remembered as one of the greatest American presidents of all time

-I will prepare and some day my chance will come.

2-Whatever you are, be a good one.

3-Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

4-Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

5-You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.

6-I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong.

7-Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.

8-Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

9-No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar.

10-When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.

11-Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.

12-I do the very best I know how - the very best I can; and I mean to keep on doing so until the end.

13-Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

14-I am a slow walker, but I never walk back.

15-No man is good enough to govern another man without the other's consent.

16-My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.

17-I am naturally anti-slavery. If slavery is not wrong, nothing is wrong. I can not remember when I did not so think and feel.

18-A house divided against itself cannot stand.

19-I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice.

20-Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition.

21-No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.

22-Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

23-The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's for which the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf denounces him for the same act as the destroyer of liberty. Plainly, the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of liberty.

24-Every man is said to have his peculiar ambition. Whether it be true or not, I can say, for one, that I have no other so great as that of being truly esteemed of my fellow-men, by rendering myself worthy of their esteem. How far I shall succeed in gratifying this ambition is yet to be developed.

25-If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?

26-Important principles may, and must, be inflexible.

27-The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who'll get me a book I ain't read.

28-Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.

29-If there is anything that a man can do well, I say let him do it. Give him a chance.

30-Our defense is in the preservation of the spirit which prizes liberty as a heritage of all men, in all lands, everywhere. Destroy this spirit and you have planted the seeds of despotism around your own doors.

31-I never had a policy; I have just tried to do my very best each and every day.
32-The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.

33-It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.

34-Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves.

35-The way for a young man to rise is to improve himself in every way he can, never suspecting that anybody wishes to hinder him.

36-That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.

37-Books serve to show a man that those original thoughts of his aren't very new at all.

38-You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was.

39-We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.

40-Some day I shall be President.

41-If I like a thing, it just sticks after once reading it or hearing it.

42-I have talked with great men, and I do not see how they differ from others.

43-With the fearful strain that is on me night and day, if I did not laugh I should die.

44-I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

45-Avoid popularity if you would have peace.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 16 Most Beautiful Women In The World All Time...

Top 28 Most Handsome Men In The World , all Time

7 DESTINATIONS YOU NEED TO VISIT IN 2017...